Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where there is an up, there is always a down. Where there is a zig, there is always a zag.

 

I just put Lizzy down for the night and couldn’t help but let my mind settle on…well a lot of things. My amazing, brilliant, and determined husband got a new job, which he starts in a little over a week. My mother is in the middle of a possible lay off, undeservedly in my opinion (I may be a bit bias though). One friend brings a baby into this world and another looses a parent. A gain, a loss. A win, a lose. A high, a low. Tears and laughter.

I’m currently reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and the first chapter is a lot about “Just Stop and Think”. Notice the world around you, be IN it and not just consumed with yourself and what chaos is around. I’ve been working on that, and letting myself feel the awe of day to day things. When I start to get mad, upset, or consumed by one thing; I stop – take a second to breathe – and notice something that is amazing about my surroundings or life. It’s a simple concept, nothing radical, but how often do you actually do it? Step outside your own mind and notice what is right in front of you? I encourage you to try it. I also highly encourage you to watch this clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment