Monday, March 7, 2011

She is blessed

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:  "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." – Prov. 31:25-29

So my plan did not go as I would have hoped. Lizzy woke up several times last night in frustration. She couldn’t breathe through her little nose but couldn’t sleep without her thumb in her mouth. So, mommy stayed up with her from about 2a.m until our alarm went off. We went about our normal morning until she spit up a few times and was just very unhappy. At that point, we decided it was best for me to stay home today instead of sending her off to daycare.

We have spent our morning snuggled in bed with her propped up on my chest so she can breathe and still rest. On the bright side, she now has an awesome cool mist humidifier!

shot_1299520233677

I feel absolutely horrible each time I have to use the Little Noses saline and suction out her nose. She gets so upset! I know it helps her though, and I have to say that Boogie Wipes are just the bees knees!

shot_1299520273403

The old lady of the house, Pearl, has been close by all morning. I think she knows Lizzy is sick or she just likes the humidifier, not sure which.

shot_1299520249081

My sweet girl still manages to smile even when she feels icky. I managed to get her feeling good enough to sleep on her own, it took a lot of time but she’s at least resting!

shot_1299520313571

   shot_1299520326653  shot_1299520347175

No comments:

Post a Comment